2012-12-29

米芝蓮星級食府 Petrus

Petrus is one of the most famous French restaurants in Hong Kong, although it is somehow not given a Michelin Star this year. I love this restaurant because of several reasons. First, located on the 56th floor of the Island Shangri-La Hotel, it overlooks the magnificent Victoria Harbour. Second, every dish is like a piece of art. For instance, the dish with a lobster looks like a forest and the one with cod fillets is called "Spring". What a poetic name! Please note that the set lunch menu does not include dessert, which is frankly speaking not very impressive compared to the one of Gaddi's and Caprice. Still, it is good value for your money ($60). Besides, you may order tap water if you intend to save money. A bottle of still or sparkling water costs 100 dollars. Bon Appetit!




I do enjoy dining in an opulent, elegant atmosphere accentuated by
impressionist oil paintings and crystal chandeliers. The restaurant's
dome-shaped ceilings feature surrealist paintings of cloudy blue skies
and galloping horses, reminiscent of traditional European dining rooms. 5 / 5

Isn't the view breathtaking? 5 / 5

butter with seaweed 4 / 5

appetizer: crab meat 4.5 / 5

appetizer: duck liver with honey 4 / 5


appetizer:sea snails --- the presentation is very impressive!!! 5 / 5

appetizer:duck liver 3.5 / 5

soup: truffle 4 / 5

soup: lobster and squid 4 / 5

soup: sardine 5 / 5

main: beef 4 / 5

main: lobster 4.5 / 5 --- It looks like a forest!

main: lamb 5 / 5 --- it reminds me of a muddy track!
main: cod fillets 5 / 5 --- the name of the dish is "Spring"

dessert: 青蘋果蛋白雪葩 4 / 5

dessert: coffee and whiskey 3.5 / 5

hot chocolate: 4 / 5 --- this one is good, but the one in Cparice is richer.

mocha: 4.5 / 5


petits fours: 2 / 5

9 則留言:

  1. fabulous food photo, thank you for sharing!!! i do need those reviews in choosing the right restaurant to dine in. Seems the view and the food are great in there. if you can only choose one restaurant, which would you choose? Caprice or Petrus? I got only limited $ and can't dine in both places :->
    thanks for the advice in advance!
    [Sloppy Joe回覆12/30/2012 08:48:00]got that! thanks for the advice :)
    indeed i can't afford to dine in both places but will start saving $ in 2013 and try to eat in the once =P
    thanks for the details explanation again!
    [版主回覆12/30/2012 01:27:25]No kidding? It seems to me that you often dine in some nice restaurants and you love WINE, which is very expensive. You can dine in both places if you restrain yourself from ordering wine haha! Anyway, I personally think they are the best French restaurants in Hong Kong. Of course, I'm no expert as I have been to a few only. I have been to both of them twice. Petrus has NO Michelin star THIS year, but the view is better and the presentations of the dishes are more impressive. Caprice has THREE Michelin stars for several years. The service is better. It is really hard for me to choose a better one. By the way, probably because of the number of stars, it is always MORE difficult to book a table of Caprice. My friend thinks Petrus is better than Caprice, while I think both are equally good. I also advise you to check them out on Open Rice. There are many reviews which are very helpful in my opinion. Thanks for your response anyway. I do enjoy sharing some nice dining experiences with other food lovers. You are definitely one of them whom I look up to.

    回覆刪除
  2. 每次看見Kenji拍的食物照,就會覺得好幸福 <3
    [版主回覆12/30/2012 12:35:18]I'm blissfully happy that I have a friend like you. <3

    回覆刪除
  3. i came here exactly one year ago for lunch!
    [版主回覆12/31/2012 01:25:43]I have been to Petrus twice. Last year, the soup surprised me, but I was disappointed by the dessert. This time, the soup is just above average, but the desserts are satisfying.

    回覆刪除
  4. Seems like you've have a very impressive visual in addition to culinary experience ! You must have enjoyed it in more ways than one.
    [版主回覆12/31/2012 01:28:07]Thanks! Apart from the taste, the presentation is important. Thanks to my camera, the beauty of the dishes, which are like pieces of art, can be captured.

    回覆刪除
  5. 嘩,咁多野食,睇見就留口水!食唔起,睇吓都係好嘅!Happy New Year, Kenji!
    [大猩猩回覆12/31/2012 09:47:35]這個我能明白,平價飯盒一般很難吃,所以有錢時偶爾吃好一點是應該的。新年過後又要為學生考試的事忙吧?最近發覺原來很多中學都會為學生安排一些補習班!
    [版主回覆12/31/2012 01:33:59]I have saved some money because I have a 17-dollar lunchbox every day, haha. You know what, the white sauce looks like paste / glue. My colleagues often asks me to dine out, but I seldom do so because I have no appetite. The work is overwhelming and I prefer to finish my lunch in 20 minutes and start working. That's why dining out in some nice restaurants is a real treat.

    回覆刪除
  6. 你看來精神很好,good。食物好好味,睇到
    [版主回覆12/31/2012 01:35:19]THANKS! I usually look better during holidays when I can sleep for 9 hours every day hahahaha!

    回覆刪除
  7. Wow! The deserts of art, you become a Michelin star! I wish I can try one
    [版主回覆01/02/2013 23:49:16]It is indeed worth visiting. Check it out in 2013.

    回覆刪除
  8. No GREEN at Hotel ICON?
    [版主回覆01/03/2013 20:42:36]Let me take more good photos there and post them here later.

    回覆刪除
  9. deserts looked great!
    [版主回覆05/22/2013 19:23:17]青蘋果蛋白雪葩 is very refreshing.

    回覆刪除