2009-07-03

音樂人生 KJ



KJ is a special HK documentary about a talented boy's growth under the influence of his family, teacher, friends, students, religion, school, etc, and his views towards different issues.

During the movie, you can feel his intrinsic passion for music. He plays music, not because of his desire to win competitions, but his love for music. According to psychology, he has achieved self-actualization. Besides, I'm intrigued by his talent and unique personality.

However, you will also feel his arrogance and rudeness sometimes. Indeed, his character is not pleasing and the director, by inserting the right footage, reminds the audience that what a talented person says is not always right.

Then, is KJ a successful person whom we should learn from? Everyone will give a different answer as they define success differently. For example, his teacher mentions the key to success: Talent + Modesty. In my opinion, no one is perfect and KJ does have his strengths and weaknesses.  

The film would be better if KJ’s period of getting lost can be shown. Apart from this, one person who is supposed to be important to KJ is missing in the film. The footage of that person can be included so that the irreplaceable role of his teacher can become more memorable through comparison.

On the whole, the film is a comprehensive study of the growth of a talented boy, KJ. He is so different from other contemporaries that one may find his talent and thought-provoking remarks gripping. 3.5 / 5


    影評刊載於
「香港影評人協會」、
「兩岸三地影評人協會聯盟」及
「動映地帶」。

____________________


Other films seen recently:

地球很美有賴你 Home 3.5 / 5

星空奇遇記 Star Trek 4 / 5

誰和誰和誰有路 Black Ice 4 / 5

25 則留言:

  1. Oh my god !!! What a nice suprise !!!
    I miss you so mcuh, Kenji.
    Actually , Mickey and Bobby cannot 100% supplant your own show I think. They still have a long way to go especially Mickey. His voice and his colloquialism are really ......
    However , look forward too hearing your voice.
    [版主回覆07/04/2009 00:40:00]Thanks very much for your message. I am so glad that you still visit my
    blog so often. Indeed, I really love blogging, so if I have time, I
    will still write a few words about movies and share my feelings here
    and other websites, e.g. 動映地帶 and 香港影評人協會. I have also written a review
    on Glamorous Youth and it will be uploaded when the film is formally
    released.

    Some
    members of the audience have expressed their opinions on the new hosts.
    In the previous weeks, whenever a new episode was uploaded, I listened
    to it and sent them emails suggesting ways to improve and passing the
    listeners' advice, if there was any, to them. The founders of the show
    call this a "fitting in" period, hoping that they will uphold the
    traditional spirit and the quality of the show.

    hahaha... so
    coincident! I mentioned the hard-to-understand-phrases thing with Bobby
    last time. I agree it sounds a bit odd and as a master degree holder, I
    am not good-at-Chinese enough to understand those phrases completely.
    Still, it is his style and to a certain extent possessing rich
    vocabulary is not a bad thing. Anyway, they do welcome suggestions and
    please feel free to send them emails at mov.reviews@gmail.com

    In
    my opinion, they are eloquent, talented, energetic and observant movie
    maniacs who know much about movies. I am sure the show will be further
    improved if more time is spent in preparing and organizing every
    episode.

    My voice? I am really eager to join their
    discussions, but I am still very busy and will be busier. In July I
    will be away from HK and in August I will undergo a surgery. In
    September, I will start teaching at a new school. Anyway, I still love
    movies, blogging and listening to the show. I will try my best to
    adhere to my hobbies in the future. Thank you once again for your
    visit. It's touching!

    回覆刪除
  2. 我已經買了這電影的戲票,期待啊﹗真的高興見到您
    [版主回覆07/03/2009 23:56:00]Very good! Please write a few words about the film when you are free... hahaha... I am also glad to see myself sharing my thoughts here. I guess I will not give up blogging easily...

    回覆刪除
  3. So glad to see you again Kenji^^  After viewing your introduce of KJ, i also want to see it soon!!  KJ, the name seems like KenJi wor, hahahaha!!  I have an idea in my mind that you are not only a movie lover but really a good, caring & smart teacher ^^ .  Am i right?
    [版主回覆07/04/2009 00:13:00]Welcome Miss K!!! Nice to talk to you again!!! KJ is the main character's first name. Smart? No. Caring? Quite. Good? Depends hahaha...

    回覆刪除
  4. 在這一星期心情低落的我, 見到你再次在BLOG出現, 就如一口清泉 ...
    因為又有機會吸收英文呀...!
    工作順利嗎 ? 真的似是老友回歸, 好WARM呀...
     
    [版主回覆07/04/2009 00:15:00]HAHAHA... agree!!! Somehow I feel the same... perhaps the reason is that the blog is like my home and the owner always feels good when there are visitors. Busy busy busy these days, but movies are nearly as important as food to me hahaha... so if I have time, I will SHARE and go blogging!!! Be happy... may I remind you that you are an angel???

    回覆刪除
  5. Good sharing, Kenji. Keep it up!
    [版主回覆07/04/2009 00:16:00]Thanks a lot for your encouragement. I think I will keep sharing... motivated when I see your message hahaha ^^

    回覆刪除
  6. hi!很久沒見!歡迎回來!相信是部好電影,期待中!
    [版主回覆07/04/2009 11:24:00]Thank you for your visit. This documentary is engaging. By the way, it seems to me that some DBS students are quite arrogant.

    回覆刪除
  7. 其實在很久以前,有個導演來了我們的學校,他也是我學校的校友。這位導演拍過《玻璃之城》《七小福》和《北京樂與路》,不是你有沒有看過。他說想在學校拍一齣電影,故事圍繞着校園、青春和成長。他特別想有一幕是我們全校學生大喊「DBS!!」,因為他說只有我們,才能喊出DBS Spirit出來!
    運動會當天,有一些「星探」來我們這兒,替一些主動的同學記錄資料和拍照。我又記得有一次我們中文話劇綵排,有機會跟導演試鏡,但最終我也沒去。
    我不是玩音樂的(我只是唱Choir),我連他們拍了戲也不知呢!@@
    [版主回覆07/04/2009 14:45:00]Oh I see... After watching the film, I have the impression that some DBS boys are arrogant, hahaha. Of course, I do believe there are some humble ones haha and hopefully you are one of them.

    回覆刪除
  8. Little Wing - Wendy2009年7月4日 下午12:43

    好好睇!!! 可惜這10場的時間配合不到,未能再次欣賞........希望有機會加場吧!!! 否則唯有等它的dvd啦!!!
    [版主回覆07/04/2009 14:47:00]Quite interesting and engaging in my opinion!!! ^^

    回覆刪除
  9. Haha ...
    Mickey always says some very long phrase , maybe my Chinese also poor.
    『簡直係新世紀又一部好似蝙蝠俠俠影之迷咁強勁既又耳目一新既系列復甦』
    『導演J.J Abrams張一個全新既藍光世界浩瀚宇宙再加一段振奮人心既拯救宇宙故事就帶比觀眾喇』
    copy form 星空奇遇記 Star Trek 電影評論
    Thats funny ^^
    [版主回覆07/04/2009 14:54:00]I like his phrases in 色迷 . 謎. My mouth is o-shaped while listening. Anyway, I think that is a good episode and please listen to it. Thanks!

    回覆刪除
  10. Kenji,好開心依然看到你的影評,雖然無聲,有影已不錯了!
    [版主回覆07/04/2009 16:03:00]南爾, I'm so touched. Although I have told others that I might not update the blog, you still pay a visit. Thank you so much and perhaps I will keep writing a few words about the movies I have watched. THANKS!!!

    回覆刪除
  11. Yes, DBS boys are very arrogant, including our headmaster. HAHA~~
    I am very humble because I won't think that DBS MUST win in a competition. But other people may think DBS MUST be going to win. I don't know why they think so.
    Last time our choir (I am one of those) got into the final competition of Music something. The F.1 boy said that we must win proudly. But finally, we lost.
    [版主回覆07/04/2009 21:20:00]HAHAHA... icic... I love the so-is-the-headmaster comment.

    回覆刪除
  12. Yes , I also think the show of  色迷 . 謎 is quite well.
    But besides their 重點推介 , many show like ''行貨'' I think.
    [版主回覆07/04/2009 23:50:00]Perhaps the quality of the show, to a certain extent, depends on the quality of the movie hahaha... it is really true.
     
    Of course, I personally think the show will be better if they spend more time on preparation. After all, they usually talk about a film in 48 hours after watching it. In the past, I used to spend several days searching for information and thinking about its themes, etc. Just my 2 cents.

    回覆刪除
  13. star trek真係超正.... 編劇勁有心思... 故事發生起另一個時空.... 因黑洞而回到過去...創造新歷史.... 同一人物另一故事.... 電影唔係重拍或想覆蓋舊有的系列.... 而係重造新故事..... 我十分中意佢哩點....
    [版主回覆07/06/2009 00:35:00]A good point! A must-watch for sci-fi fans.

    回覆刪除
  14. 實在太开心了 雖然不太打算看呢套片,但听吓你講都好开心
    我想看明媚時光
    少女香奈兒好呀,法國壯園景緻超靚,最後嗰场好感動
    [版主回覆07/06/2009 00:36:00]明媚時光 is worth seeing!!! I have written a review and will be posted here when the film is released again. Thank you for supporting this independent movie.

    回覆刪除
  15. Although you may not have time to do the recording, keep on updating your blog coz lots of people are longing to see your movie review!!!
    [版主回覆07/06/2009 13:53:00]Thank you so much for your support in these years. I enjoy writing film reviews in English too. It is also less time consuming than hosting a show. Perhaps I will keep writing about movies whenever I have time. I will surely take a break in September though. Anyway, thank you thank you thank you!!!

    回覆刪除
  16. Hi Kenji, nice to see you again
    Some films seen recently :
    Angels and Demons / 天使與魔鬼 / 70分 Terminator Salvation / 未來戰士 2018 / 75分 Star Trek / 星空奇遇記 / 85分 Ashes Of Time Redux / 東邪西毒 / 85分 Foon Inc / 毒食難肥 / 75分 Duplicity / 最佳情.敵 / 80分 Coco Before Chanel / 少女香奈兒 / 75分 Plastic City / 蕩寇 / 65分 Blood The Last Vampire / 血戰新世紀 / 70分 Black Ice / 誰和誰和誰有路 / 80分 Diary of a Sex Addict / 色迷.謎 / 75分 24 City / 二十四城記 / 80分 Oppai Volleyball / 巨乳排球 / 75分
    Hope to see you soon !
    [版主回覆07/06/2009 19:54:00]Thank you very much for your sharing. I will write more reviews in my spare time.

    回覆刪除
  17. Good to see this blog working again! Glad to see you "talk" about movies again!
    BTW, this film is right up my alley, and I originally wanted to see it during the HKIFF, but time didn't allow, so I'm glad that it will be shown again!!!
    And I love Star Trek too, it's so entertaining, and this is what Hollywood blockbuster movie should look like~~~I love JJ Abrams

    回覆刪除
  18. 這齣很久之前在bc見到海報,但一直提不起勁看,題材有點不對胃口
    我下一齣想看的是【巴黎夢劇院】,Kenji 會看嗎?很期待你的分享
    [版主回覆07/08/2009 11:36:00]JK is an intriguing documentary about the growth of a talented boy, but I still prefer to watch movies with impressive messages. So to me, it is not a must see. Paris 36 sounds nice as I love musicals, but the foreign reviews are so so, so I am not sure if I will see it. Thank you for your visit anyway.

    回覆刪除
  19. Welcome back ~ Glad to see you here again .
    [版主回覆07/09/2009 19:42:00]I still have spare time these days hahaha... but I'm afraid I will be busier soon... Sigh...

    回覆刪除
  20. Kenji , have you watched 《殺人犯》?
    [版主回覆07/11/2009 11:51:00]Very busy these days! Besides, before its release, I don't have much confidence in this novice director. What's more, the reviews are generally negative, so I am not going to see it. I GUESS it has some CULT elements and it is also not my cup of tea. It also SEEMS to me that the film is well acted and the atmosphere is well created, but the plot does not make sense. I have not watched it, so I  had better keep quiet. How about you?

    回覆刪除
  21. Brother Kenji, so surprised that u hv back!
    there are 5 movies I want to watch in this summer vacation, looking fwd your comment on them!
    殺人犯, 大犯罪家, 再生號(but too short, i may give up), Harry Potter, 竊聽風雲 mostly high quality HK Film!
    [版主回覆07/11/2009 11:57:00]Thank you for your visit, Sisterly Yellow hahaha. I will be very busy these days and so I will only watch movies with very good reviews. I also plan to watch some DVDs in my drawer hahaha... In your list, I will watch Harry Potter. 大犯罪家 may be a g ood choice but the foreign reviews are just OK, so I will read some reviews first. In this summer, apart from Harry Potter, I also plan to watch 希魔撞正殺人狂, 沖天救兵 and 小飛 B . I think they are of good quality.

    回覆刪除
  22. Don't let other reviews influence you ma (except mine)
    Me too, i will watch back Leon Lai's "Forever Enthrallied" today!
    [版主回覆07/11/2009 12:59:00]Reviews are good because they help save my two precious things: money and time haha. The first half of Forever Enthralled is great, but the second half is disappointing.

    回覆刪除
  23. Um ...
    I wrote some reviews of 《殺人犯》 in my sina blog , welcome ^_^
    Though most of the comment is negative , I love the story , I love the acting.
    Besides , do you know Inglourious Basterds is 2B or 3 ?
    [版主回覆07/11/2009 13:43:00]GOOD! So perhaps I should watch it because of your recommendation. Inglourious Basterds... still dunno... sorry!

    回覆刪除
  24. 150 mins quite long r, hope i can watch till the end la!
     
    [版主回覆07/11/2009 13:41:00]Good luck hahaha... you will survive it!!!

    回覆刪除
  25. 期待已久今晚終於看到了,我被年紀少少的他感動了﹗當然非常欣賞他的才華 ﹗他對音樂的執著並視他的人生與音樂結合,很高的情操,他能夠透過音樂讓自己成為自己,很棒﹗希望他繼續堅持自己對音樂的熱誠﹗不過~~從畫面看到他有時的表情,表達中內心有點孤獨的感覺﹗希望他活得自在開心﹗
    [版主回覆07/29/2009 02:41:00]Right. He is very special, but I don't think he is lonely. He is just different from others and never give in because of the peer pressure.

    回覆刪除