Enchanted is an entertaining, heartwarming, creative, meaningful and delightful romantic comedy which suits people of all ages.
1. I'm deeply impressed by the creative hybrid of live action, classic Disney 2D animation and the CGI 3D chipmunk.
2. The postmodern mixture of fairy tale and reality makes me ponder on the nature of love. LOVE should not be too simple (like what happens in fairy tales). Neither should we treat love as a very complicated affair. The message is that people who are desperate for love should stop day dreaming all the time, but at the same time, we should believe that one day we may find true love and remain positive. Both the princess (fairy tale) and the lawyer (reality) affect each other and experience personal growth. The Princess becomes more humanized and the lawyer becomes more romantic. What they discuss in the restaurant, law firm and park nearly moves me to tears. Do you believe in true love? Can you now still remember why you first fell in love with a person? Can love last forever? The film also reminds us to say "I love you" to the people whom we love.
3. Amy Adams performs so charmingly that the fascinating princess becomes 3-dimensional and convincing.
4. Some gags are hilarious (e.g. the CGI chipmunk, singing in the park, etc) and I'm also pleased by the slapstick jokes.
5. The OST featuring Disney Music is uplifting. I love True Love Kiss and So Close. ^^ The dancing at the end is well shot and well edited.
6. There is a very surprising and unconventional twist in the end, though a few critics may find it too syrupy and prefer an authentic solution to a clean, fairy tale one.
Do you believe in fairy tale and true love? This film makes me laugh, cry (maybe not you) and think. 4 / 5 Highly recommended.
Juno is a humorous and heart-warming coming-of-age movie which is about growth, sex and love.
1. The message is that we should not judge a person solely based on his her appearance and the film also creates a contrast between the adults' complex love affairs and teenagers' simple puppy love.
2. I love the jokes. Some are lousy, while some are subtle.
3. Most characters are well-developed & three-dimensional.
4. The OST is great. I love "Anyone Else But You", "Tire Swing", etc. There are many GOOD songs. Kimya Dawson's voice is mesmerizing!!! She reminds me of Cheer Chen, My Little Airport and Mejessic Dreams. Very dreamy and relaxing music... I just love the OST.
5. The drawings add much to the depiction of the teenagers' simple & carefree lives.
6. There are lots of smells, e.g. frat, perfume, pie, tic tak & his step mom's "TINA WATER".
Who can love a person for the whole life? Does real love really exist? Yes it does!!! 4 / 5 Highly recommended.