2013-11-23

Birthday Dinner at Caprice

Leading a hectic life, I am unable to go blogging these days. Still, I insist on sharing with you this unforgettable dining experience.

There are only four three-Michelin-Star restaurants in Hong Kong and Caprice is one of them. Last week, I finally realized my dream of dining in this impressive French restaurant.




The place glows yellow and oozes refined elegance. The view is gorgeous.



Langoustine Céviché, Sologne Caviar, Cauliflower Cream and Lemon Sabayon 4.5 / 5


Petit Gris Snail Velouté, Chicken Liver Custard, Escargots and Aromatic Parsley Bruschetta 4 / 5




Suckling Pig’s Trotters, Sautéed Atlantic Scallops and Escabèche Vegetables in Warm Dressing 4 / 5




Line Caught Sea Bass, Brussels Sprouts and Carrot Panaché in Curry Infusion 4 / 5



Hare à la Royale, Taglierini Pasta and Crispy Pancetta 4.5 / 5 
It tastes strong and wild. That it took THREE days to make it surprised me. OR

Dombes Quail, Foie Gras and Autumn Vegetables in Natural Jus 4.5 / 5





Caprice Cheese Cellar 4 / 5 - We were invited to visit the cheese cellar in the restaurant. It's pretty cold. The waiter introduced to us different types of cheese patiently. What an experience!














Petits Fours 4/ 5



Texture of Pear and Fennel Pollen 4.5 / 5





Kalingo Chocolate, Tonka Bean and Red Bananas 4.5 / 5

The meal costs each person $1740 + 10% service charge. The price is high, but reasonable. Everything is top-notch and I savoured every moment. Please note that the lunchbox I order in my workplace only costs $18. Like you, I'm just an ordinary guy who has to work around the clock. Nevertheless, I often bear in mind the importance of exploring the world and enjoying life to the full. I wish everyone good health and a beautiful life. 

---------------------------------------------------------

爸媽不在家 Ilo Ilo - 4.1 / 5
殭屍 Rigor Mortis - 3.6 / 5
接近無限溫暖的藍 Blue is the Warmest Color - 3.9 / 5
末世列車 Snowpiercer - 3.6 / 5

43 則留言:

  1. Happy belated Birthday!! (your birthday??)

    回覆刪除
  2. 補祝你生日快樂!!
    食物精緻精彩⋯特別日子獎勵自己!

    回覆刪除
  3. Happy birthday man! I look forward to trying Caprice soon.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Thank you! I wish you good health and wealth.

      刪除
  4. 每人接近二千蚊,真係好貴,不過生日慶祝一下冇所謂喇!

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. It's very expensive, but I treat it as a once-in-a-lifetime experience! ^^

      刪除
  5. Happy birthday^^
    米芝蓮三星真係不同凡響

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Thank you very much. I agree. The waiters are very professional and the food is great.

      刪除
  6. Belated Happy Birthday to Kenji Sir, Aal Izz Well! ^ ^

    回覆刪除
  7. look at the price............wowowowowo.....wahwahwahwahwah........
    but..................................... if it's worth it, then it's worth spending. happy birthday!
    BTW, i am HUNGRY now.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I had a great time. Of course, the lunch sets there give one better value for money. ^^

      刪除
  8. Happy belated birthday!
    Once been there for my sister's birthday.
    Wonderful place for family gathering.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Thank you so much for your visit. Caprice is indeed one of my favorite restaurants. Another one is Pink Salmon in Yau Ma Tei. They are very different, but good in their own ways.

      刪除
  9. 我最近都好努力去吃好東西,週日週一去了中環,下星期去半島Chesa :P

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Good for you! Chesa is great. Don't forget to share your experience. ^^ Let's dine out when we have more spare time later.

      刪除
    2. 一定會!Chesa 有甚麼是必吃的嗎?暫時知道的是那個蟹肉餃。

      刪除
    3. 蟹肉班戟 Crab Meat Pancake with Lobster Sauce - 5 / 5
      芝士新薯 - 4.5 / 5
      伊面士牛仔 Sliced Veal - 4.5 / 5
      Boneless beef spare rib braised in red wine - 4 / 5

      刪除
    4. Thanks Kenji! I think I'll try 芝士新薯 as well :D

      刪除
  10. the beautiful & detailed carving of each carte menu, the chandelier is also beautiful light up your unforgetable birthday.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. The tasting menu is "Taste of Caprice". The chandelier is mesmerizing. ^^

      刪除
  11. Happy Birthday Kenji, I'm also occupied by work these days, glad to know that u have visited Caprice, I have been there for lunch, really impressive, the price is reasonable too!

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Thanks a lot, Emily. I have been extremely busy with my work too. As for Caprice, it is sad to know that it only has TWO Michelin Stars this year. By the way, do you have a new blog?

      刪除
    2. Oh, yes, my new blog is emilyemer.blogspot.hk , I had only written two pages since Aug, so busy!

      刪除
    3. Thanks a lot. It is in my subscription list now. I'll visit your blog from time to time.

      刪除
  12. i've been there a few times but only for lunch
    your prawn dish looks extravagant!
    gosh i'm so hungry now!

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. The Langoustine is very fresh and delicate. By the way, it is sad to know that it only has TWO Michelin Stars this year.

      刪除
  13. 享受到豪華美食,真是人生樂事!
    補祝Kenji 生辰快樂,幸福開心!

    回覆刪除
  14. Kenji, just know that I missed your birthday. Today is my birthday, exactly one month after yours. Wish you a merry christmas then!! (early greeting)

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Thanks! What a coincidence! Mine is 16 Nov. ^^ I wish you good health and wealth anyway.

      刪除
  15. 補講祝生日快樂!也祝你新年進步,生活愉快和幸福!

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Thanks so much. I wish everyone good health and happiness. I have been learning to forget about the unpleasant events in five minutes, hahaha.

      刪除
  16. I tried caprice during CNY, it is really nice and impressed! Thank you for your recommendation!

    回覆刪除